Utterances, fragments, diligent dalliances, various overturned cars from a train of through that may have run off track. Poignant pieces of pure prose perhaps? Is the illusion an illusion of meaning or is the illusion of incoherancy there to mask a meaning?
Thursday, July 23, 2015
TWO
like Noah sailing through God's angry high seas
I scratch the surface of the rainclouds to pick at sand fleas
she looks at me when I talk like I am made of fire
beneath those eyes I sense desire
as if in a moment you can always tell
that fate would throw us together well
but is all this crackling energy
that i feel flowing from you to me
something real or merely fantasy?
a dream of what I long should be?
if I could save two of everything
could I save two hearts to sing
together eternal and simply pure
without a need for closing doors
or is this what bitterness is for?
a shame my radar's off
a shame i 'm always wrong
this decent will mean i'm gone
love will have to feed without me
a crime to think i have no song
no torch to carry on
what has left forever gone
love will have to feed without me
a carcass picked down to the bone
a light went out in the dark alone
don't call i wont pick up the phone
love will have to feed without me
exit wounds on my heart betray the end before the start
you can't start a fire underwater
battle wounds that refuse to heal
as I let loneliness congeal
lay me to rest among the best
that heartbreak has to offer
love will have to feed without me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment